In Home Care Services With a Personal Touch
At Heart and Hands In Home Care, we strive to give our clients unparalleled service and undivided attention. With our help, you can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is well-looked after, even when you’re away.
We work with our patients to maintain and improve their health. Our team aims to serve your entire family, attending to their various needs in all stages of life. We believe in providing comprehensive health services to our patients in a friendly, relaxed, and in-home atmosphere. Since 1999, we have been helping our clients in the Greater Western Michigan area achieve their best physical state.
- Bathing (cleaning the body and shampooing the hair, including lathering, rinsing, and drying)
- Grooming (maintaining personal hygiene and neat appearance, including hair combing and brushing, oral hygiene, shaving, and dressing, as well as fingernail and toenail care)
- Mobility assistance (walking or moving around with adequate reassurance and providing physical assistance when needed)
- Transferring (moving from a sitting or lying position to another sitting or lying position)
- Going to the toilet (getting on and off toilet or commode, cleaning the body after toileting, using and emptying bedpans and urinals, application of briefs and barrier pads, ostomy and catheter care)
- Incontinence care
- Medication monitoring
- Grocery Shopping
- Preparing meals (washing, peeling, slicing, mixing ingredients, opening packages, cans, and bags, lifting pots and pans, cooking, reheating food, safely operating stove, setting the table, serving the meal, washing, drying, and putting away dishes)
- Light housekeeping (sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning the bathroom, changing bed linens, wiping down kitchen counters and sinks, taking out garbage, dusting, cleaning oven, stove, and refrigerator, picking up errands)
- Laundry (sorting, washing, drying, folding, and storing clothing)
- Lawn maintenance and snow removal
- Home re modifications and maintenance
Our mission statement generates the following Service User Rights:
- The right to have personal dignity respected
- The right to be treated as an individual, whatever the level of the service user’s physical or mental ability
- The right to have personal independence, personal choice, and personal responsibilities for actions—even if this involves some risks
- The right for the service user to undertake those daily living tasks that they are able to do
- The right to privacy for the service user, their belongings, and their affairs
- The right to receive care appropriate to the service user’s needs from trained and experienced staff
- The right to have the service user’s cultural, religious, sexual, and emotional needs accepted and respected
- The right to participate as fully as possible in the development of the service user’s care plan and its ongoing changes
As one of our service users, you are entitled to file a complaint at any time. If you wish to raise a concern about the service you are receiving from the companion/staff or the administration, please discuss the problem first with your designated care staff. He/she will do his/her best to resolve the issue. Our management will, in turn, advise the staff what actions to take to address the matter.
If you are unable to discuss or resolve the problem with your staff, feel free to contact our owner, Melissa Stuberg. The details of your complaint will be noted, and any appropriate action will be taken immediately.
If a written complaint is received, we have received your written complaint, we will reply within one week to acknowledge receipt of your mail and tell you the steps we are taking to resolve the matter. We will give you a progress report within 10 working days and a final report within another 10 working days (20 in total) depending on the complexity of the complaint.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to know what stage the investigation has reached. If you are unhappy with the way we are dealing with your complaint, you may fill out the Health Facility Complaint Form.